Helpful hints to help preparing for your storage unit fast and easy!
- Label each box and assign a priority (1, 2 or 3) based on those you will need most often.
- To retard rust, wipe all metal surfaces with a rag containing machine oil.
- Raise items off the floor with pallets for added protection and air circulation.
- Do not place goods against the Bin walls. Leave a 4 inch air space around the perimeter to aid in ventilation.
- Store items you will need most often in the front. Place valuables to the rear of your
- Never cover furniture with plastic sheets-condensation may occur and cause damage. Use a light cloth cover instead. Use a specially made cover if one is available.
- Store couches on end, (except sofa beds) to save floor space.
- Pack boxes with content in mind. Large boxes should be used to store lighter items to avoid back injuries.
- Pack each carton completely, store heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on the top.
- Never over-pack boxes. Over-packed boxes may rupture and topple when stacked.
- Clean and dry your appliances.
- Keep refrigerator slightly ajar, and use the space inside to store smaller items.
- A small efficiently packed unit will cost less than a larger poorly arranged unit.
- Do not store food items of any kind in your Bin. This will assist in our rodent and insect prevention program.
Be sure to check out other other helpful links: